Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Adafruit IO status?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit IO status?

by DOGC_Kyle on Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:20 am

I'm using AIO to control some NeoPixel lights from a Windows 10 app, it's been working great since I set it up a few weeks ago.
At the moment though, it seems the Arduino is unable to connect to AIO (connection failed). I'm guessing this is just a temporary server bug? EDIT: Looks like it's back to normal!
Even though the service is very reliable, I wouldn't mind having an official status somewhere, at the very least so I know if there's an issue, if it's on my side or on the AIO side. Not an important request, but I think it could be helpful.

DOGC_Kyle

Re: Adafruit IO status?

by jerbly on Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:59 pm

I second this. Understood this is beta so we should expect issues. MQTT subscription has been down for me all day. A service indicator page would be nice to help debug.

jerbly

by pyremage on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:14 pm

pyremage

by cbmalloch on Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:28 pm

Aargh. I have spent several hours trying to debug my new connection, only to see it come up as if by magic and then disappear again as if by magic. It would be really helpful if there were a status indicator somewhere on your web site that would indicate that the site was known at your end to be down (for service or for any other reason).
I imagine that would involve some extra work on your side, but I think that there'd be a bunch of us experimenters out here who would benefit!
Thanks for putting the site up in the first place!

cbmalloch

by jwcooper on Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:24 pm

We now have http://status.adafruit.com. Some of the statuses are automated, and we'll automate more as we go. You can also follow our @adafruitstatus twitter account for more details.

Thanks!

jwcooper

by DOGC_Kyle on Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:05 pm

Awesome! That's exactly what I was hoping for. Thanks so much for this, and all the other work on Adafruit IO.

DOGC_Kyle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.