Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

IO Connected GIF Display Tutorial
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

IO Connected GIF Display Tutorial

by sterlingdax on Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:57 pm

I've set this up on a fresh Jessie install, on a B+ with a 3.5" PiTFT Plus, I go through the entire tutorial and never get any sort of display, I've tried several different images, the latest I pulled from elsewhere on the forum, so I am confident the image isn't the issue, but I don't get anything at all.

Once I start the server, I see the Pi jump to a constant 100%, but nothing on screen but the Raspbian desktop.

Anywhere I should look? My feed is public if that helps, thanks!

sterlingdax

Re: IO Connected GIF Display Tutorial

by sterlingdax on Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:57 pm

It appears that starting the server through SSH didn't work for me, starting it directly on the Pi does, so..that's one problem solved! It hasn't changed away from LadyAda yet, but hopefully...

sterlingdax

Re: IO Connected GIF Display Tutorial

by mikeadamz on Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:36 am

I haven't looked at the code, but it sounds like you need to set your display to start it over SSH..

try this:

# export DISPLAY=:0.0
# aio_gif start

or,

# DISPLAY=:0.0 aio_gif start

sterlingdax wrote:It appears that starting the server through SSH didn't work for me, starting it directly on the Pi does, so..that's one problem solved! It hasn't changed away from LadyAda yet, but hopefully...

mikeadamz

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.