Black Lives Matter - Action and Equality. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Dashboards - Editing and Subscription Issues
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Dashboards - Editing and Subscription Issues

by RH3 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:53 am

I realise we're still in Beta but is it just me or are there still issues with unreliable dashboard display/drawing?

I can create a dasboard and link feeds for a switch, temperature and humidity gauges and a temperature graph (24-hrs) but the display of the gauges etc is intermittent as is the feed data being display - particularly in the graph, which may show 6-hrs or sometimes more or just stop updating even though the feed is still working.

The other issue is editing the dashboard components - only once has it displayed the highlight around the component to show it's in 'edit mode'. I've tried in Windows (Internet Explorer 11) and on Mac with the latest Safari browser - it seems very flakey.

And finally I'm using the Huzzah ESP8266 (Adafruit of course) and the switch component to switch an LED on and off. The switch works for maybe 5-switch actions and then it's action reverses or the switch action is never received. I'm using the digital out sketch in Adafruit IO Basics. I've tried increasing the readSubscription and reduced the pings to 1 or 2 with no change.

Is anyone else seeing these issues?

RH3

Re: Dashboards - Editing and Subscription Issues

by RH3 on Sat Mar 12, 2016 1:56 am

I should add I've just tried editing the guage used for humidity and it opened in the browser as a graph with time plotted against 500M, 1G, 1.5G, 2G - where did that come from??

RH3

Re: Dashboards - Editing and Subscription Issues

by RH3 on Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:27 pm

Update: Still having intermittent issues with the Dashboard, which may b erelated to Internet Explorer 11.

I have improved the issue with missing subscription notifications by reducing the post updates to once every 30-secs, so it may have been a case of packets being dropped if they clash as advised in the io documentation.

Issues with the graphs seem to have settled for no obvious reason.

Also noted that as I am publishing every 30-secs there is no need to do a ping prior to the subscription in the original sample sketch. Documentation mentions unless the post/subscribe activity is 5 or > mins apart, should be no need to ping the server. These is confirmed by running the sketch on the Huzzah ESP8266 with no pings for over 48-hours.

Richard.

RH3

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.