FEATURE REQUEST: STATUS LED

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
jlbeck

FEATURE REQUEST: STATUS LED

Post by jlbeck »

It would be nice to have a LED type block to indicate a status.

This would be an indicator only device. ON/OFF or GREEN/RED

pyremage

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: STATUS LED

Post by pyremage »

pyremage wrote:It would be great to have a box that is simply a lamp bulb that is either on or off.
I would like to be able to tell if a circuit is on or off and the gauge doesn't really seem to fit the need as it will not show a simple value like this - either a 1 for on or 0 for off. I am reading the value of several digital ports and sending this data to AIO, but there is no where to render it...

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

For now, you could use a color picker. Just send the color the status should be, and the color picker will light up with that color. I think you could even just send 'red' or 'green', or if you want custom colors send the #000000 hex of the colors you want.

Mr_Paul

Post by Mr_Paul »

I'd like to toss in my +1 for this too. Would be pretty handy! Or, maybe we could make the slider so it could be disabled, and then we could set the sliders topic to reflect state.

joopie

Post by joopie »

Same here, would like to see an On/Off indicator.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”