Warning for failure with > 3 subscriptions on adafruit IO!
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Warning for failure with > 3 subscriptions on adafruit IO!

by erikwed on Sun May 01, 2016 8:11 am

Hey everybody,

I'm using the Adafruit HUZZAH connecting to Adafruit IO. I am experiencing total failure to connect to Adafruit IO when I try subscribing to more than three subscriptions, even though the limit according to the MQTT_library is 5 and changeable.

Is this something that everybody knows except me or is it a problem worth investigating?

Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards Erik
Last edited by erikwed on Mon May 02, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erikwed

Re: Warning for failure with > 3 subscriptions on adafruit

by cbmalloch on Wed May 04, 2016 10:39 am

I too am using Huzzah, and have been successful connecting 5 subscriptions. However, I wanted to connect 8 subscriptions, and accordingly changed MAX_SUBSCRIPTIONS to 10. That was fine, but when I added the code for the next subscription (number 6) it would subscribe to the first 5 and then fail to connect beyond that.
I hope we can figure this out!

I actually wanted to use the MQTT wildcard (<me>/feeds/blah/*) to have one topic "blah" with subtopics "0" through "7", but that seems to be unsupported.

cbmalloch

Re: Warning for failure with > 3 subscriptions on adafruit

by erikwed on Thu May 12, 2016 11:23 am

Hi,

yes, something is obviously wrong regarding subscription amount limit... Hopefully someone can help us out here.

erikwed

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.