PC serial communication over BLE
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

PC serial communication over BLE

by gtuzi on Mon May 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Hi, I am looking for a device which can be connected serially to a PC and be able to take a few actions over BLE.

More specifically, right now I just want it to advertise and add some data to the advertising packets over BLE. However, from the PC side, I would like to serially (via COM port) send the info to advertise. Also, if it is possible, to achieve the "reverse" action. That is to say, have the board scan for advertising packets and read advertising data from a specific device and communicate such data back to the PC serially. Here I expect that the board will just dump all the scanned devices, and it is incumbent upon the PC to decide which advertising packets to choose. Ideally I would like to be able to perform both functionalities using the same board/channel/COM port.

Which board can support such functionality ?

gtuzi

Re: PC serial communication over BLE

by adafruit_support_rick on Tue May 17, 2016 10:24 am

Use a Feather Bluefruit. You can communicate over the serial port with the PC, and echo whatever you need to/from BLE
https://www.adafruit.com/products/2829

adafruit_support_rick

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.