Adafruit MQTT_ETHERNET example problems
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adafruit MQTT_ETHERNET example problems

by westek on Mon May 16, 2016 7:31 pm

Hi,
I am compiling the adafruit mqtt_ethernet example from the adafruit mqtt library version 0.12.2 on the arduino OS X IDE 1.6.6. Board manager is at version 1.6.8.
The only modification to the code was to change the AIO_USERNAME and AIO_KEY values to match my account at adafruit.io

The mqtt_ethernet example has been uploaded to an arduino uno R3 coupled with the arduino ethernet shield.

At first the code would fail when trying to subscribe to the onoff feed. After reading some posts here, I commented out the line of code that subscribes to that feed. The code then was able to publish values to the photocell feed. That was last night.

Today, I came back to this and tested it one more time. Now it will subscribe to the onoff feed. (I only uncommented the code I commented before) I notice that I am not receiving ON or OFF, but ON1 and OFF1. Odd. I also noticed that I am not receiving all of the on off button transitions from the dashboard to the serial monitor output from the uno board. Doesn't seem very reliable. Is it supposed to be reliable?

Am I doing something wrong, or is the mqtt broker experiencing issues? Can anyone give me some advice, point me in another direction? Different client? Broker?

Thanks
Will.

westek

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.