Feather M0 RFM69HCW and Resistive TFT Conflict
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather M0 RFM69HCW and Resistive TFT Conflict

by mytamhuyet on Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:41 pm

Trying to get the following boards working together. I am having issues with the resistive touch signals when running the radio at the same time. I suspect there is a pin conflict and I think its the CS , but the documentation is a bit complicated.. Anyone come up with this issue?

Adafruit (PID 3177) Feather M0 RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz
Adafruit Industries LLC FEATHERWING 2.4" 320X240 TFT LCD 3315 Evaluation Boards

mytamhuyet

Re: Feather M0 RFM69HCW and Resistive TFT Conflict

by oesterle on Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:39 am

Hi, mytamhuyet!

Welcome to the Forums!

The primary guide for the Adafruit Feather M0 RFM69HCW Packet Radio - 433MHz
discusses the radio's CS pin (#8), and highlights:
The CS pin (#8) does not have a pullup built in so be sure to set this pin HIGH when not using the radio!

You can read more here: RFM/SemTech Radio Module.

I suspect you'll need to set pin 8 HIGH frequently, so that you can alternate between checking for radio activity, and checking for touches.

Can you post your code? (Just paste it into the post, highlight it, and click the CODE button in the post editor.)

Another approach would be to add a second Feather dedicated to the display (the Adafruit Feather M0 Express would work well), and have the two Feathers coordinate over I2C.

An advanced approach might be possible using just your M0: configuring a second SPI for the display. Using ATSAMD21 SERCOM for more SPI, I2C and Serial ports | Adafruit Learning System discusses this, and while it hasn't been updated for the Feather M0 family, it's worth looking at. It would probably require either cutting the MISO/MOSI/SCK traces on the display and rewiring the pads to other pins, or manually wiring the display to the M0, rather than stacking.

Cheers,

Eric

oesterle

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.