2.13" Epaper Feather Display
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

2.13" Epaper Feather Display

by ntm on Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:28 pm

Forum wise ones,
I've got a Particle Argon and Feather Epaper display. Both fit together perfectly and I've got the FeatherWingTest.ino working (drawing lines, showing a bmp image and then the standard text.

The question I have is : is it possible to display both BMP images and text and lines / shapes at the same time? The test file seems to clear the screen each time, and I've not been able to get BMP images and text to display at the same time.

The project, to give some reference here, is to have a display on my fridge, which downloads some data from my Thingspeak channel. It would be some weather data so I'd like to show a little thermometer, degree C symbol, clouds etc.

Thanks,

Neal.

ntm

Re: 2.13" Epaper Feather Display

by dastels on Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:13 pm

At it's most basic level you can manipulate the display using pixels, rectangles and such. See https://learn.adafruit.com/humidity-and-temperature-monitor-redux-e-ink-display for a project where I do just that. I don't have icons but they would be done very similarly to how I did text. It's a somewhat slow way to do it, but using e-ink/e-paper is slow anyway.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.