HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board pin recommendations.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
GForce2010

HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board pin recommendations.

Post by GForce2010 »

Apologies if this is a basic question but this is my first foray into the world of ESP after using Arduinos.

I have been building a wireless control handset using a Nano and a nRF24 module. ON looking at way to run it form battery it was recommended that I change to an Adafruit ESP32 Feather, as it had the built in battery functionality, and use ESP-NOW rather than the nRF24. I've ordered the HUZZAH32 Feather but I'm having some difficulty getting my head round what pins are useable. Especially as I say the info that you can't use any ADC2 pins when WiFi is in use and I believe the ESP-NOW does use the WiFi chip.

So I have a 128x64 OLED screen that works on I2C, this is easy enough to connect as I can see there is a SCL and SDA pin already assigned.

The other parts of my project are a quadrature rotary encoder with button and a 4 x 4 keypad.

So the above needs 11 pins but, if I cant use any ADC2 pins, I don't think I have enough pins spare.

As I was writing this I just had a though, and a quick Google, would my best bet be to add something like a PCF8574 chip to my design so I can connect the 8 pins of the keypad to the Feather over I2C?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: HUZZAH32 – ESP32 Feather Board pin recommendations.

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

You're free to use the ESP32's analog pins as digital pins.. they're all dual-purpose. The pinout diagram shows the GPIO number and ADC channel:

https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/assets/a ... 1657054446

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”