Trouble installing The BlueTooth library

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Supdoc23

Trouble installing The BlueTooth library

Post by Supdoc23 »

I am having serious trouble installing the BlueTooth library into my Adruino IDE. When I down it, it comes in the form of a Zip file):

Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51-master.zip (Great!

When I un-compress it I get a zillion separate .h & .ccp files. I don't have an uncompressed folder to rename, how do I follow the instructions listed below:

Rename the uncompressed folder Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 and check that the Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 folder contains Adafruit_BLE.cpp and Adafruit_BLE.h (as well as a bunch of other files)

Also, I don't see an "arduinosketchfolder" folder per the next set of instructions below:

You may need to create the libraries subfolder if it Place the Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 library folder your arduinosketchfolder/libraries your first library. Restart the IDE.

Franklin97355

Re: Trouble installing The BlueTooth library

Post by Franklin97355 »

You seem to have extracted one level to far. You should have a folder named Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51-master with all those files inside.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

What are you using to unzip the file you download? I just tested it on my system and it created a folder called Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51-master which has all the files in it. That's the folder that would get renamed and moved to the libraries folder in your sketch book location.
Also, I don't see an "arduinosketchfolder" folder per the next set of instructions below:
This will be in your sketch book location. You can figure out what that is looking in your preferences:
File -> Preferences
and look where it says "Sketchbook location:"

And more info if it helps:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-all ... nstall-use

Supdoc23

Post by Supdoc23 »

Progress: Before when I clicked onAdafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51-master.zip the zip application came up & gave me a zillion individual files. This time it gave me a folder, which I was able to copy into the library folder and change its name per the instructions.

When I went into Adruino- IDE files->examples I got 22 folders, starting with atcommand and ending with unibeacon.

However in Windows explorer directly under the main heading folder name: Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 there were another 16 files from Adafruit_ATParser.cpp to Adafruit_BluefruitLE_UART.h. These do not appear in my Adruino- IDE files->examples.

Do i need these files & if so how do I get them into my Adruino- IDE files->examples.

adafruit_support_carter

When I went into Adruino- IDE files->examples I got 22 folders, starting with atcommand and ending with unibeacon.
Sounds correct. Those are the examples:
https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_Bl ... r/examples
However in Windows explorer directly under the main heading folder name: Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 there were another 16 files from Adafruit_ATParser.cpp to Adafruit_BluefruitLE_UART.h. These do not appear in my Adruino- IDE files->examples.
They won't. Only the items in the subfolder named examples will show up. (see link above)
Do i need these files & if so how do I get them into my Adruino- IDE files->examples.
Yes. Leave them there. They aren't examples. They are the actual library code. Unless you want to see the gory details of what's happening under the hood, you don't need to worry about these files or the contents. They all need to be there though.

Supdoc23

Post by Supdoc23 »

The Difficulties continue, I'm sending two scene shots of the original file after unzipping it: ones Aduafuit...nRF51-master the other example, labelled Adafruit..nRF51
Under the Windows Explorer:
Arduino
...Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51
.......github
.......examples
......utility
...libraries
...Test_Voltage_Pin
Opening Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 in Windows Explorer: I see the same contents as the original Arduino file above.
When I open files->examples in Arduino IDE I see none of the original files, instead I see:
Examples for Adafruit Feather Mo
...I2S
...SAMD_Analog Connection
...USB-Host
...SDU
...Wire
Each of those categories only have one or at most two sketches in them that I do not recognize. I
originaly saw the series: Atcommand...Unibeacon - before, but they all disappeared when I shut down Windows. What
happened? Why can I not see what is in the Windows Exlorerer version of Arduino? Should I delete everything
and start over?
Attachments
Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51-master.PNG
Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51-master.PNG (55.15 KiB) Viewed 245 times

adafruit_support_carter

Opening Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 in Windows Explorer: I see the same contents as the original Arduino file above.
That's seems fine.
When I open files->examples in Arduino IDE I see none of the original files, instead I see:
The Files->Examples menu will show entries for all libraries installed. And there may be a lot of them. You may need to scroll down to find the examples for the Adafruit_BluefruitLE_nRF51 library.
examples_menu.jpg
examples_menu.jpg (108.64 KiB) Viewed 228 times

Supdoc23

Post by Supdoc23 »

In the examples you show. My list ends at Wire.

There are no such folders as:
Examples form Custom Libaries
Adafruit Bluefruit nRF51

Those last two folders do not exist in my list. There is clearly something wrong!

I find WinZIP in my Windows Control Panel-> Controls & Features. I bought this over twelve years ago. I think now all files arrive as automatic-unzip files. When I double click o a zip file, I get the old WINZIP application & It does its own thing. Should I delete it or somehow block it from opening, and rely on the automatic features..

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

If the file is automatically unzipped find the folder that was unzipped and that should be placed in the documents/Arduino/libraries folder

Supdoc23

Post by Supdoc23 »

You were right!
The Blue Tooth folder was in the wrong place. I took it out for directly under Arduino & put in the Libraries folder, and it worked.

Kudos to you!!!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”