Problem with Noise on the Music Maker FeatherWing w/ Amp

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
semaj4712

Problem with Noise on the Music Maker FeatherWing w/ Amp

Post by semaj4712 »

I received this in the mail the other day. And I wired it up and I get really noise audio, I am playing a WAV stereo track, and I am getting right channel only and it is very noisy. The left channel is present but only ever so slightly. I then desoldered the screw terminals and tried without them, and still the same problem.

Is there some filtering that can be turned on? What about the fact it's not playing equally?

I am running it into an amplified stereo for testing so I don't think the problem is speakers.

Also, the audio files play great on my computer, no noise, the board emits a lot of noise even when no file is playing.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Problem with Noise on the Music Maker FeatherWing w/ Amp

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The output amplifier is a bridged Class-D amp, so its output is bascially PWM. That can cause problems if you connect the signal directly to the input of another amplifier.

Try connecting the outputs directly to speakers and see if you still get the same kind of noise.

semaj4712

Post by semaj4712 »

Same, however it will be run into an amplifier when completed, is there a way to make this work or no? I was thinking it would work as such sort of like a preamp

semaj4712

Post by semaj4712 »

So today I tried to work on this again, and now the amp is not working at all. The sees the device but that's it, it does not play anything, no test tone, and it's still very very noisy. Is it possible to return it or get some kind of refund?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”