Feather M0 with Wifi

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Kugelschreiber

Feather M0 with Wifi

Post by Kugelschreiber »

Hi there,

I am trying to use a 3x AAA battery holder (https://www.exp-tech.de/zubehoer/batter ... -2-pin-jst) to power my feather. Unfortunately it is not working as expected.
When turning on the power only id #13 is blinking for a moment, then nothing happens.
Intersting: when first connecting the Feather via USB to my notebook and then turning on the supply by the battery holder, it does work.

Anyone an idea how to get the Feather running without first connect it via USB?
Thanks in advance!

Franklin97355

Re: Feather M0 with Wifi

Post by Franklin97355 »

You may be trying to access the serial port in your code and that might stop the program from running. Also, the Feathers have a charging circuit designed for 3.7-volt lipo batteries and your batteries or the Feather may be damaged if you use other types of batteries in the JST connector.

dabrams

Re: Feather M0 with Wifi

Post by dabrams »

Try connecting to the USB pin. That allows you to power the board from an external 5V supply. The three batteries give 4.3V and should work until they get below the dropout voltage of the SPX3819 (340mV). However, you probably would be better off using 4 AA cells to get 6V so that you get longer life out of the batteries before the regulator cannot supply 3.3V. The voltage regulator can handle up to 16V as long as the power dissipation does not cause it to shut down.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”