Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE scan mode
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE scan mode

by rasulovk on Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:08 am

Hi ,

I'm trying to implement BLE scan nearby Bluetooth devices on the Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE board, but couldn't find example, please advise.
Thanks in advance.

rasulovk

Re: Feather 32u4 Bluefruit LE scan mode

by adafruit_support_mike on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:15 am

It can't be done.

Bluetooth splits devices into 'central' and 'peripheral' categories. Central devices initiate and control data connections, peripherals advertise their presence but otherwise wait for a central to tell them what to do. That arrangement puts most of the cost and complexity in the central, leaving peripherals to be smaller, simpler, cheaper, etc. Aside from some very low-level error detection, peripherals don't know other peripherals even exist, and centrals don't advertise their presence. They just listen for advertising from peripherals.

The 32u4 BLE Feather only works as a peripheral. It doesn't have enough RAM or program memory to run the software stack for a central.

The only board we carry that works as a BLE central is the nRF52:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/3406

adafruit_support_mike

by rasulovk on Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:29 am

Thanks a lot for great answer, could you please advise is possible to implement Bluetooth scan on HC05 or HC06 Bluetooth devices?

rasulovk

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:29 am

We don't carry those, so I'm afraid we don't know much about them.

adafruit_support_mike

by JohnSwallow on Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:21 pm

rasulovk wrote:Thanks a lot for great answer, could you please advise is possible to implement Bluetooth scan on HC05 or HC06 Bluetooth devices?

I don't know if you found the answer to your question, but I have used both the HC-05 and HC-06, and they are "classic" Bluetooth devices which are not compatible with BLE devices. BLE is a completely separate technology from classic Bluetooth.

JohnSwallow

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.