feather m0 rfm69hcw not recognised by Win 10

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Physwiz

feather m0 rfm69hcw not recognised by Win 10

Post by Physwiz »

I have bought three of these and have tried upwards of ten cables. As I plug them in Win10 makes the 'new hardware' noise and they are registered in device manager as 'USB Serial Device (Com 4)' - usually 4. It works fine with the IDE as long as I'm using only one. If i have 2+ plugged in they fail to upload because the Com port is busy, even though on Tools - Ports on the IDE there are two / three ports to choose from. If I try and install a new driver using Adafruit Windows Driver 2.3.1.0 it only contains drivers for the feather wiced, trinket, pro trinket, gemma, huzzah, metro and metro mini. I guessed these were for win 7, anyway??
Win 10 is on the latest version. I would be very grateful for some help. Regards, Al

adafruit_support_carter

Re: feather m0 rfm69hcw not recognised by Win 10

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Just to be clear - the issue is only when more than one are attached to the host computer?

Physwiz

Post by Physwiz »

Hiya,
No, it’s never recognised as a feather, but does upload and work when there’s only one feather. Plug in a second or a third, and even though additional USB ports are visible on the IDE, it does not upload on any of the boards saying COM port busy. I hope this is clearer. Thanks and Kind regards, Al

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

In device manager do the additional boards show up as additional com ports?

Physwiz

Post by Physwiz »

Yes they do. Regards, Al

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Can you post the compile and upload log when you have the preferences set to verbose for both? There might be something there that would help.

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

thats right, win10 does not require drivers. we use the built in drivers. can you also post a pic of the device manager with one or two boards plugged in? i have win10 and have up to 4 feathers at a time :)

Physwiz

Post by Physwiz »

Franklin, carter, adafruit2, thanks for your help. I’m away for a week or so and will continue next week. Regards, Al

Physwiz

Post by Physwiz »

Franklin, Carter, Adafruit2 - thank you for your help concerning recognition of the feather in Win10. I was able to borrow a friend's laptop and it's clearly mine that is misbehaving. So I will rebuild mine and hopefully that will sort the problem. Again, thanks very much, Al.

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Glad you figured it out. Bummer your laptop acts like that. Thanks for letting us know what happened. Hope you get it all working!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”