Feather M0 RFM96 LoRa Radio with Servo Library

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
shaunfth

Feather M0 RFM96 LoRa Radio with Servo Library

Post by shaunfth »

I have two Feather M0 RFM96 talking to each other using the supplied hello world example, works great, easy to setup and use. Im trying to send values across the wireless link to control some servos using the arduino servo library. The servo library also works well but only when the radio is not transmitting. For a test I started with the unmodified send and receive code examples from the RadioHead libraries. I modifed the receive side to define one servo and I am writing a fixed value of 1500 using writeMicroseconds and monitoring pins 5,6,10,11,12 and 13. When a servo is defined on any of these pins calling rf95.send(data, sizeof(data)); will corrupt the fixed value PWM signal and cause the servo to jump. Even when a servo is not defined on any of the pins i have listed you can see the state of the pin change (possibly to hi-z) when rf95.send(data, sizeof(data)); is called. Has anyone come across this issue before or aware of any incompatibilities between the RadioHead libraries and the arduino servo libraries?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”