Adalogger FeatherWing and Feather M0 RFM95 LoRa Radio
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Adalogger FeatherWing and Feather M0 RFM95 LoRa Radio

by Steve_Gregorski on Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:23 am

I have a Adalogger FeatherWing which works fine when I attach it to a "plain" Feather M0. I can run the example code in the Arduino "SD" folder without issue. (As long as I first change the CS pin to 10 in the code)

However, when I attach the Adalogger FeatherWing to a Feather M0 RFM95 LoRa Radio, none of the Arduino "SD" sample code works. The code cannot initialize the SD card in this case. (Again I have the Adalogger CS line set to 10 in the code). I've tried this on two different Feather M0 RFM95 LoRa Radio modules, so I'm pretty sure it's not an electrical issue with the LoRa module itself.

The issue even occurs when the sample code I'm running contains no LoRa specific code, meaning the LoRa hardware is just being powered but not communicated with. (For reference, without the Adalogger attached to the LoRa module I can run LoRa specific code just fine, so again I don't think I have a hardware issue)

From what I've read the LoRa module uses the pin 8 for the CS line, so I don't think I have an SPI pin conflict issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Steve_Gregorski

Re: Adalogger FeatherWing and Feather M0 RFM95 LoRa Radio

by petev on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 pm

I have exactly the same problem, the AdaLogger and Feather M0 Lora appear to be fundamentally incompatible for some reason. I have tried multiple Feather M0 Lora units against multiple Adalogger Featherwings and MANY different SD cards and EVERY time SD initialization Fails!

Please if ANYONE has gotten this to work let us know!

petev

by cosgrovc on Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm also encountering this problem with the Feather M0 RFM95 LoRa Radio and can't make any sense of it, tried combinations of different SD cards, Feathers and FeatherWings (I have 5 of each, brand new). If anyone has solved this I'd hugely appreciate learning how!

cosgrovc

by adafruit2 on Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:52 am

you MUST set the lora CS Pin 8 high before initializing SD

adafruit2
Site Admin

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.