Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 Can't Upload
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 Can't Upload

by netless on Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:11 am

Hi I have recently purchased a Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 - I have followed the usual set up procedures for a new ESP8266 as outlined on the web site, however the Blink program fails to upload - ending with a sequence of errors [see also attached document]

warning: espcomm_sync failed
error: espcomm_open failed
error: espcomm_upload_mem failed

The Silicon Labs driver is installed and appears to be working & I can open the serial port on COM20.

I have reloaded the USB drivers, rechecked all the setup instructions for this board to no avail.

I'm using the Arduino ISP 1.8.7
ESP8266 Board 2.5.0
Silicon Labs Driver 6.7.4.261

The ESP8266 Board is "out of the box" with nothing connected.

I use a number of other Adafruit boards without any issues.

Some assistance with this "out of the box" installation would be appreciated.

PS I have tried all of the suggestions in the FAQ section of the ESP8266 HUZZAH Feather without success.

I can get the red LED in semi dim mode - so I think the ESP8266 is resetting into boot loader mode OK - Just failing on the upload.

Thanks

John Louis
Attachments
SettingsHUZZAHESP8266.jpg
SettingsHUZZAHESP8266.jpg (30.99 KiB) Viewed 55 times
HUZZAHError.txt
(13.87 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

netless

Re: Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 Can't Upload

by netless on Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:22 pm

Solved:

Well I set the HUZZAH ESP8266 on my Laptop[ - same configuration & the desktop - Blink uploaded without any problems.

Upload is now working on my desktop without any changes - whereas previously I was receiving stubborn "espcomm_upload_mem failed" errors.

I'm still interested to know what is happening here, because in the process of trying to fix this problem, I found many other out there having similar problems with the ESP8266.

I'm wondering if the initial upload problem may have been related to the pre installed Lua that came with the ESP8266.

At any rate I'll now proceed to write some code for the ESP8266 an hope that there are not too many more glitches in this environment to be found.

netless

Re: Feather HUZZAH ESP8266 Can't Upload

by franklin97355 on Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:23 am

Thanks for getting back to us on this. Not sure what changed for you but, at least you can use it now.

franklin97355

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.