Feather connection spec?

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
catash

Feather connection spec?

Post by catash »

Quick version: is there any specification for the feather and featherwing format that says what pins are guaranteed to work for general communications? Not SPI or I2C, but more general-purpose pins like digital 5 and analog 0?

Longer version: I have a M0 bluefruit feather, and several stepper motor FeatherWings, which have been great for prototyping. But, I'd like to (1) replace the featherwings with a custom board that'll get much higher communication rates via direct connections, and (2) be able to swap the feather out to use different communications protocols and faster arduinos. So, the feather becomes a replaceable daughter card to the board I roll.

I *could* just look at the specs for the feathers I know I'm interested in (my current M0 bluefruit, and one of the 240MHz WiFi tensilica ones I plan to buy) and see which of the analog and digital pins are available. BUT, if there's some spec somewhere that says Adafruit expects to have these pins available, and those pins with constraints (like PWM on some analog pins interferes with some comms), then I can build something that'll also work for the whizzy new feathers to come out in future years.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”