The server issues directions
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

The server issues directions

by johnwich19 on Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:06 pm

Hi all,
I am creating a project where I need to communicate between two devices indoors but at opposite sides of the building floor (so there will be walls, etc. between them); a distance of about 75-100 feet. I am looking at a simple client/server model where the server issues directions to the connected clients - so it won't be data intensive all the time. I am not sure which platform would be the best for this kind of simple project. Any input would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

johnwich19

Re: The server issues directions

by adafruit_support_bill on Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:10 am

What you describe sounds more like a master/slave model. In a client/server model, it is the clients that issue commands to the server.

In any case, there are lots of options for communication at that range. WiFi is probably the simplest to implement - especially if there is already WiFi coverage in the building. But we also have LoRa and Packet Radio equipped procesor boards in our Feather line: https://www.adafruit.com/feather

There are a variety of processors to choose from - ranging from simple microcontrollers like the 32U4 to the powerful ATSAMD Cortex M4. The choice would depend on the computing requirements at either end.

adafruit_support_bill

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.