nRF52840 Feather Unable to Find Port after Calling HX711 Fun
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

nRF52840 Feather Unable to Find Port after Calling HX711 Fun

by jwcodes on Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:44 pm

Hello,

I am coding my recently purchased Adafruit nRF52840 Feather. I was able to get the tutorials up and running along with some other simple codes and everything seems to be working fine. I am trying to use the Feather to make a weight sensor, capable of interfacing with the HX711. I have completed this project on an Arduino Pro Micro, but am trying to implement bluetooth functionality with the feather.

However, I am running into a problem. I have been using the HX711 arduino library posted by bogde on github. This works with no issue on my Pro Micro. But when I have switched over to work with the Feather, whenever I include the following two lines of code I have issues.

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
HX711 scale_left(HX711_LEFT_DOUT, HX711_LEFT_CLK);
HX711 scale_right(HX711_RIGHT_DOUT , HX711_RIGHT_CLK);

Everything compiles and I receive the message "device programmed." But whenever I try to display the serial output, I get the message "Couldn't find a Board on the selected port". I then have to reset my board by hitting the reset button two times before my Feather will be recognized by its port again.

Again, this doesn't happen when I don't include those two lines of codes. I am not sure why this is happening. I have updated my bootloader and made sure I have the same one for my board and software. Any help would be much appreciated.

jwcodes

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.