M0 Express how to modify file creation date ?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

M0 Express how to modify file creation date ?

by Jhonmicky on Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:42 am

Hello everyone,,
My M0 Express is set to write data into onboard flash file my script creates. It does write to the file but I notice when I try to read the same file in win7 explorer the file creation and modification dates are always 'Thursday, ‎September ‎01, ‎2016, ‏‎4:43:34 PM'.

I've tried refreshing win7 and Explorer doesn't pick up the new data probably because the dates haven't changed although new data is continuously being written every 5 seconds into the file. The modification timestamp should advance every 5 seconds as well when new data is written by my Circuitpy script.

I have the DS3231 clock. Any suggestions for a Circuitpy script to at least update the file 'modification' or/and 'creation' date(s) with DS3231 date/time data so Explorer might pick up on a change in the file ?

Thank you in advance.

Jhonmicky

Re: M0 Express how to modify file creation date ?

by adafruit_support_mike on Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:53 pm

You can’t modify creation dates on the UF2 filesystem.

The UF2 bootloader lightly abuses the USB Mass Storage protocol to communicate with the computer. The information that’s presented as a drive full of files is really a set of software hooks that read and store data to various parts of the microcontroller’s memory.

The illusion hold up well enough to move information back and forth, but doesn’t have the full capabilities of a real filesystem.

adafruit_support_mike

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.