Feather M0 Not Recognized

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ThomasMoro

Feather M0 Not Recognized

Post by ThomasMoro »

Hello, I recently received and soldered up a new Feather M0 900Hz LoRa. I have a second one that is bound up in a previous prototype for a project I am currently working and I have had good experiences so I thought I would buy a second. I hooked this new one up and attempted to communicate with it however my laptop failed to detect the board. I switched cables thinking that may be the issue and it still did not recognize it, I switched USB ports, still no recognition. I then attempted to connect using my second Adafruit feather and it connected without an issue.

My feather that I cannot connect will not turn any lights on when the USB is plugged in alone, and the only time a charging light will turn on is when the USB and a LIPO battery are both plugged in. The red loading light has never turned on for me.

Is the USB on the feather busted?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Feather M0 Not Recognized

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The microcontroller's PWM code may have crashed. The SAMD21 handles USB internally, and if that code fails, the board can't respond to USB input any more.

There's an easy fix though: turn on verbose messages during upload in the Arduino IDE's preferences, try to upload any sketch, and double-click the Feather's reset button when the lines beginning with 'PORTS' start to scroll past. That forces the microcontroller to reboot and open a new USB connection while the IDE is waiting for it to happen. That usually gets things back in sync.

ThomasMoro

Post by ThomasMoro »

Thank you for the response, but unfortunately that did not work. I tried multiple times to do this but no matter what I did the USB port refused to open between the connections. I measured current with a multimeter, power is going through and is capable of charging batteries, although the red data LED never once has turned on. What would be some good connections to check to see if anything is fried?

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Check the voltages between the USB pin and GND, and between the 3V pin and GND.

Also, if you have anything connected to the board aside from the USB cable to the computer, post a photo showing your hardware and connections. 800x600 images usually work best.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”