Tell me why this doesnt work (ightsaber)

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Fencera

Tell me why this doesnt work (ightsaber)

Post by Fencera »

How come my 3.7 V 2200mah battery wont work with an adafruit M4 express/featherwing propmaker and 2 60 led/m neopixel strips and a small speaker. Only wondering because ive been doing the lightsaber project. I wanted to cut down on hilt diameter so i used the smaller battery. I did this considering that the darksaber project literally is set up exactly like my set up. do i really need the 4400mah battery?

if it can work, then why wont my lightsaber activate. it works fine when its plugged in to my laptop runnning off the REPL. but it does nothing except glow green when my battery is plugged in.

dastels

Re: Tell me why this doesnt work (ightsaber)

Post by dastels »

You're using 120 NeoPixels? The Darksaber build uses 34. The Lightsaber build uses 144. The more NeoPixels you have, the more power you need, thus a bigger battery.

So, yeah, you apparently really need the 4400mAh battery.

Dave

adafruit_support_bill

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

Agreed. 120 pixels can draw as much as 7200 mA at full intensity white. The 2200mAh cell protection circuit will shut down if you exceed 4400mA. The 4400mAh pack is good to an 8800mA discharge rate.

Fencera

Post by Fencera »

Wow okay I guess I’ll try it with the 4400 man pack. Was really hoping to avoid such a bulky hilt. Thank you!

Fencera

Post by Fencera »

my new 4400mah battery came in and it still does not work. it just hovers green. ill try and charge it to full capacity but at this point i have no idea what the issue is.

Fencera

Post by Fencera »

i have fully charged the battery and it still doesn't work. im wondering if it has to do with uploading the code?

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”