Availability of Feather M4 CAN Express with ATSAME51

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
VoltVisionFrenchy

Availability of Feather M4 CAN Express with ATSAME51

Post by VoltVisionFrenchy »

Hello!
I am doing a client project using the Feather M4 CAN Express with ATSAME51. We need two more of them for a demo and they are out of stock everywhere in the US. Yes, I have signed up for the product notification list ~150 times. Mouser says they will have 17 of them on Sep14, but that number keeps shrinking... Adafruit & Digikey give no time estimate nor forecast. Is there any official update/timeline of these things or is it a "dont ask, dont tell" policy until it actually happens? If they are truly coming next week, then it doesnt make sense for me to spin my own using an ATSAME51 variant that is available now.....but if they are really not coming....then I can plan differently....

Thanks for any input!
Planning for success,
VoltVisionFrenchy (aka Steve French).

dastels

Re: Availability of Feather M4 CAN Express with ATSAME51

Post by dastels »

VoltVisionFrenchy

Dave,
Thanks for your response!! That link is for a generic article about the chip shortage in general. Yes, I am living and breathing this shortage daily and I have re-designed a few boards myself to use BGA microcontrollers that are actually available....Some parts actually are available and some are not...some become available in lots, thus my question. Somebody inside of Adafruit actually knows if you are releasing partial shipments of these units to satisfy Mouser's expected partial shipment on Sep14. I have watched Mouser's "17 expected on Sep14" shrink to "3 expected" over the last few days. I completely understand and respect that for you I just represent noise asking about parts. In the end, there actually is an answer to whether Mouser will receive them....I just placed my backorder with them just incase.....

respect, frenchy.
Attachments
Mouser.jpg
Mouser.jpg (9.22 KiB) Viewed 104 times

VoltVisionFrenchy

...I also just ordered 2 of them "in-stock" from BANNED because there is no visibility into whether they are actually happening here in the US.

VoltVisionFrenchy

...the company in Indi@ decided that these were actually out of stock and they are refunding me.

VoltVisionFrenchy

These are back in stock!! I wish there was a live map showing the microcontroller dots moving around the world. They have flown into NYC. Another ebb and flow cycle has begun.
Thx!
-frenchy.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”