FeatherESP32-S2 - lost in instructions

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
micfiz

FeatherESP32-S2 - lost in instructions

Post by micfiz »

Does ADAFRUIT provide support for the FeatherESP32-S2 ?

Ive not had this much trouble with a new device before. Played with em all - arduino, raspberrry, featehr pico, feather m4, huzzah, etc etc
The product page for this device at ADAFRUIT states to go to unexpectedmaker site. There isn't much there. Its far from what you get at ADAFRUIT for learning new device!!!
The circuitpython link https://circuitpython.org/board/unexpec ... feathers2/ has both .bin and uf2. only bin worked to get CP 7.0. But now the shipped code doesn't work. Import _pixelbuf jams.
Originally this board shipped with CP 6.0. Why use that?
Had to erase the chip several times to flash CP 7.0 . Thought at one point i bricked it.

Do all the CP 7.0 examples work on this device? Typically in adafruit learning docs you will be warned of which board have differences - example dotstar vs neopixel vs some rgb when you are using a particular library.
This FeatherESP32S2 has many libraries included in the CP 7 firmware yet it cant find _pixelbuf in the adafruit_pixelbuf module. I even tried in interpreter single import at a time.
HELP! please. I rarely ask.

mikeysklar

Re: FeatherESP32-S2 - lost in instructions

Post by mikeysklar »

@micfiz,

After upgrading the FeatherS2 did you upgrade the libraries in the /lib folder to the current 7.x bundle?

https://circuitpython.org/libraries

Unexpected Maker provides support for this board through their discord server.
If you have any trouble getting this to work, make sure you have joined the Unexpected maker discord server and ping the #FeatherS2 channel, and folks there will be able to help guide you through the process as many have already done it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”