charging a lipo battery with a 32u4 feather

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
beth1083

charging a lipo battery with a 32u4 feather

Post by beth1083 »

I recently bought an 32u4 feather board from adafruit and a lipo battery (3.7V, 2500 mAh). apparently you can use the feather to charge the lipo via USB and using a computer - I have tried this but I can't tell if its working. does anyone know how to tell? a little led does light up next to 'CHG' when I plug it in with USB and its amber coloured. do you just wait for it to go green? how long can I safely leave it to charge for?

dastels

Re: charging a lipo battery with a 32u4 feather

Post by dastels »

You wait for the amber CHG/charge LED to turn off. That indicates that the battery is fully changed and is no longer charging. If you don't want to leave it unattended just unplu the USB. It will pick up where it left off then you plug it in again... there is no need to leave it plugged in until fully charged.

Dave

adafruit_support_bill

Re: charging a lipo battery with a 32u4 feather

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The charge LED will remain lit until the charge is complete. The charge controller will stop charging once the better reaches a full charge, so you can safely leave everything connected.

The maximum charge rate on the Feathers is 100 mA. So large batteries like your 2500mAh cell can take many hours to fully charge.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”