SdFat_format sketch not working w Feather nRF52480

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jaysjagani

SdFat_format sketch not working w Feather nRF52480

Post by jaysjagani »

When I try to run the SdFat_format sketch in the Adafruit SPIFlash library (https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_SP ... Fat_format), I get the following error message

In file included from C:\Users\jaysj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FatFs\src/ff_gen_drv.h:58,
from C:\Users\jaysj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FatFs\src/FatFs.h:42,
from C:\Users\jaysj\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_230095\sketch_nov26c.ino:24:
C:\Users\jaysj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FatFs\src/ff.h:29:10: fatal error: ffconf.h: No such file or directory
29 | #include "ffconf.h" /* FatFs configuration options */
| ^~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather nRF52840 Sense.

So, I tried downloading and pasting the ffconf.h file into the library, but then I get this error:

WARNING: library FatFs claims to run on stm32 architecture(s) and may be incompatible with your current board which runs on nrf52 architecture(s).
In file included from C:\Users\jaysj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FatFs\src/ff_gen_drv.h:58,
from C:\Users\jaysj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FatFs\src/FatFs.h:42,
from C:\Users\jaysj\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_modified_sketch_427745\sketch_nov26c.ino:24:
C:\Users\jaysj\Documents\Arduino\libraries\FatFs\src/ff.h:32:2: error: #error Wrong configuration file (ffconf.h).
32 | #error Wrong configuration file (ffconf.h).
| ^~~~~
exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Feather nRF52840 Sense.

Does this mean that my sense is incompatible with the FatFs library, or is there something else I need to change?

hathach

Re: SdFat_format sketch not working w Feather nRF52480

Post by hathach »

it seems to be libraries incompatible, try to temporarily remove the Arduino\libraries\FatFs then compile gain. The present of that library with ff.h is the issue, the SPIFlash example does not need that FatFS to run.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”