Possible Defective DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing - green

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
_Max_

Possible Defective DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing - green

Post by _Max_ »

I received the DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing a few days ago and can't get the green LED to turn on. I've connected a 4.5-volt battery to the terminal and nothing happens. I then connected a DC power supply and supplied power (6 volts) but nothing happened as well. The motor definitely works as it runs from my power supply. I've made sure the soldering is done well and checked the wiring connections. When I tried running basic code to control the motor nothing happens as well and I've tried this on all 4 terminals (code below, I have the libraries downloaded). I'm not sure where to go from here. Thanks!

Code:
import board
from adafruit_motorkit import MotorKit
kit = MotorKit(i2c=board.I2C())
while True:
kit.motor3.throttle = 1.0
Attachments
Feather Wing Picture .jpg
Feather Wing Picture .jpg (343.21 KiB) Viewed 64 times

dastels

Re: Possible Defective DC Motor + Stepper FeatherWing - gr

Post by dastels »

It does sound like the 12v motor power isn't getting to the board. That LED is simple connected (with a resistor) between the motor voltage and ground.

Can you post clear photos of the connections and soldering?

Dave

_Max_

Post by _Max_ »

Hi Dave!

Thanks for the help it was a wiring issue the light turns on now. I have a separate library issue for trying to run code as well I was hoping you could help. The adafruit_motorkit folder doesn't have a MotorKit file in it which I believe the code is looking for. Because of this, I'm getting a "Module level import not at top of file" error when I type from adafruit_motorkit import MotorKit. I attached the libraries I put on my board to run the code. I really appreciate the help getting me unstuck :)
Attachments
I didn't have space to upload the entire library so I had to upload each individual folder separately.
I didn't have space to upload the entire library so I had to upload each individual folder separately.
Uploaded Libraries .png (98.64 KiB) Viewed 54 times

dastels

Post by dastels »

You should not have an adafruit_motorkit directory ... just the adafruit_motorkit.mpy.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”