ISM330DHCX + LIS3MDL Wing (SPI MODE)

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
EduardM

ISM330DHCX + LIS3MDL Wing (SPI MODE)

Post by EduardM »

Hello.
Does anyone know if ISM330DHCX + LIS3MDL Wing can be set up to run in SPI mode?
From the schematic it seems that I can only use pins in the middle for CS and SDO, and use SCL and SDA pins on the side row of the device.
Also it seems that I cannot use SPI mode by mounting in on top of the STM Feather.
Thanks.

mikeysklar

Re: ISM330DHCX + LIS3MDL Wing (SPI MODE)

Post by mikeysklar »

It looks like those SPI pins should be usable. Are you pulling the CS pin low to start communication?
FeatherWing Pins
SPI Logic pins. Located toward the center of the FeatherWing, these are the same for both the LIS3MDL and LSM6DSOX or ISM330DHCX. All pins going into the breakout have level shifting circuitry to make them 3-5V logic level safe. Use whatever logic level is on Vin!
SCL - This is also the SPI Clock pin, it's an input to the chip.
SDA - this is also the Sensor Data In / Microcontroller Out Sensor In pin, for data sent from your processor to the LIS3MDL or LSM6DSOX.
SDO - this is the Sensor Data Out / Microcontroller In Sensor Out pin, for data sent from the LIS3MDL, ISM330DHCX, or LSM6DSOX to your processor.
CS - this is the Chip Select pin, drop it low to start an SPI transaction. It's an input to the chip.
External I2C/SPI pins - Control a separate sensor on a separate I2C/SPI bus.
SCL - I2C clock pin OR the SPI Clock pin.
SDA - I2C data pin OR the Sensor Data In / Microcontroller Out Sensor In pin, for data sent from your processor to the LIS3MDL, ISM330DHCX, or LSM6DSOX.
SDO - this is the Sensor Data Out / Microcontroller In Sensor Out pin, for data sent from the LIS3MDL, ISM330DHCX, or LSM6DSOX to your processor.
CS - this is the Chip Select pin, drop it low to start an SPI transaction. Its an input to the chip.
https://learn.adafruit.com/st-9-dof-com ... 3065008-10

EduardM

Re: ISM330DHCX + LIS3MDL Wing (SPI MODE)

Post by EduardM »

Thanks.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”