Cannot connect to Feather nRF52840 Sense

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
richscan

Cannot connect to Feather nRF52840 Sense

Post by richscan »

I've followed the guide to using the Feather nRF52840 Sense and am unable to find it on a COM port. As directed, I've installed the Adafruit Driver. No luck. My goal is to use the Arduino IDE to use the Tools + Get Board Info but each time I do I get the following message.

"Native serial port, can't obtain info"

mikeysklar

Re: Cannot connect to Feather nRF52840 Sense

Post by mikeysklar »

@richscan,

What OS are you on?

When you plug in the Feather Sense is it a full powered USB port with known good data cable? Do you have another controller or device you can plug in to confirm the cable as good?

richscan

Post by richscan »

Using Windows 10. I know the data cable is OK because I used it on a different Feather and it worked fine. Plugged it directly into a desktop USB port (not a hub). This is the 4th variation of a Feather I've used. Only one I've had trouble with so far. I'm assuming it's a driver issue, but I ran the latest driver linked in the guide.

BTW: The "Arduino Support Setup" states I should select "Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52840 Feather Express" as my board but the most recent board update has "Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52840 Feather Sense". I selected Sense. Should I select Express instead? Neither one changes the fail state.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

When you plug in the board does anything show up in the Windows Device Manager? Is the board detected at all? Do you see anything when pressing the 'reset' button twice quickly (bootloader mode)?

Selecting the "Adafruit Bluefruit nRF52840 Feather Sense" from the boards menu is the correct choice.

richscan

Post by richscan »

Well that's interesting...

Prior to try the "double click on reset btn" thing it was not showing up anywhere (i.e. not there + no "unrecognized device" listed under USB).

When I double clicked the reset button the board showed up both in the Device Manager and Arduino IDE. Using the IDE, I captured the attached Board Info. I then uploaded a basic Blink LED program. Success. The board then disappeared. If I double click reset it appears again.
SenseBoardInfo.png
SenseBoardInfo.png (6.22 KiB) Viewed 71 times

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

This all sounds correct. Double click to get into bootloader mode and upload code and the board will disappear after the Arduino code is uploaded.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”