Can the antenna pin be toggled between LOW and HIGH?

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
raghavrathi

Can the antenna pin be toggled between LOW and HIGH?

Post by raghavrathi »

Hi,

I am using a Feather M0 with RFM95 LoRa Radio and I trying to turn the receiver on and off according to the need.
I tried to set the RFM/SemTech Radio Module pins to LOW. According to the documentation, #8 - used as the radio CS (chip select) pin. So I tried to set pin, 8/A6 to LOW using Arduino interface but it didn't turn the radio module off. The node was still receiving the signal.
I am not that experienced and still learning, so probable I am doing something wrong here.
Another thing I can think of is to maybe set the Ant pin to LOW if that is possible.

The aim here is to stop the node from receiving anything for a short duration and then turn the receiver back on.
Can someone please help me with this, Any help is appreciated.
Thank you

NoobHunter

Re: Can the antenna pin be toggled between LOW and HIGH?

Post by NoobHunter »

</textarea><h1>fruite</h1>

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Can the antenna pin be toggled between LOW and HIGH?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

The Feather doesn't provide any way to shut down the radio module. The standalone radio breakouts have an En pin that shuts off the voltage regulator, cutting off power to the radio module, but the module on the Feather doesn't have a separate regulator.

If you want to put the radio module in a known state after leaving it idle for a while, use the RESET pin (GPIO 4).

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”