Feather M0 + GPS & TFT Featherwing Triple-Stack

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
DJDevon3

Feather M0 + GPS & TFT Featherwing Triple-Stack

Post by DJDevon3 »

I fielded a question on the Adafruit subreddit about a DIY GPS using Adafruit components. Can someone double-check it to ensure I offered good advice. Not having personal experience with these modules I want to ensure the solution for the triple-stacked featherwing and TFT would actually work (all pins available without modification or conflicting GPIO for the TFT)?

https://www.reddit.com/r/adafruit/comme ... &context=3

After talking about it I dunno, I'm kind of interested in making the project myself just for the heck of it because it sounds like a neat project. Unfortunately there's no learn guides about this type of triple-stack GPS feather setup and documentation for anything close is non-existent to my knowledge.

If someone from Adafruit would take the project on for a learn guide that would appreciated as the GPS section of LEARN is slim pickins. Also most of the components for such a project are out of stock.

After Adafruits XML feed just posted an amazing project from OpenMower today of someone using a raspberry pi with GPS for a self-propelled lawn roomba it's possible the GPS modules are being sought after with no way to purchase them. I understand that project is with a Pi and I personally have no intention of attempting that specific project with a featherwing setup but there are comparatively easier uses for a stand-alone GPS monitor that OP asked about.

dastels

Re: Feather M0 + GPS & TFT Featherwing Triple-Stack

Post by dastels »

It should be fine. The GPS Featherwing only uses Rx/Tx by default, though you can connect other pins to FIX and PPS if desired. Most (all?) TFT screens use the SPI bus and don't touch Rx/Tx.

Dave

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

yep none of our tft wings use RX/TX so you're fine!

DJDevon3

Post by DJDevon3 »

That's what I'd hoped was true. Thank you! What an amazing set of interoperable modules Adafruit creates. Just wonderful.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”