M0 RFM69 + Ethernet Wing - Deep sleep

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
halol

M0 RFM69 + Ethernet Wing - Deep sleep

Post by halol »

Hello,

I have a Feather M0 RFM69 (currently not using the RFM module) with an Ethernet wing, which should transmit data over Ethernet with a low frequency (between 1 to 10 minutes).
I can put the M0 into deep sleep (with RTC wakeup), but the Ethernet wing is always on, and seems to be drawing a lot of current (it is getting fairly hot). No point in putting the M0 into deep sleep under those circumstances...

So my first question is: is there a way to put the wing into sleep as well, or to completely shut it down? The EN pin doesn't seem to be doing what I need, since it also shuts down the M0 (powered by USB).

The second question is related to the RFM module: I have to disable it to get the Ethernet wing working (pull up pin 8). Not a problem right now. But I was planning on later receiving data with the module and sending it via Ethernet.
So is there a way to get both Ethernet and the RFM module to work at the same time?

Thanks a lot!

tepalia02

Re: M0 RFM69 + Ethernet Wing - Deep sleep

Post by tepalia02 »

As far as I know, the wing has no power-saving mode. Let's see what the Adafruit team suggests.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”