CPXbf and Gizmo - No Display
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

CPXbf and Gizmo - No Display

by reklawmot29687 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:34 am

I am using the CPXbf with a Gizmo in circuitpython 5.xx with the latest python 5 library and the updated adafruit-circuitpython-st7789-5.x-mpy-1.1.3 and am getting no display activity, not even backlight, with the stock st7789_tft_gizmo_simpletest.py (which only uses "stock" libraries and doesn't rely on the problematic adafruit_circuitplaygroundespress library). I am an experienced programmer and am receiving no error messages. I have not yet tested any of the other gizmo functionality, but the CPXbf seems to be functioning happily in every other respect.

Any pointers?

reklawmot29687

Re: CPXbf and Gizmo - No Display

by jerryn on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm

Just FYI -- the demo does work for me with a CPB
I renamed the simpletst file gizmo.py

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
Press any key to enter the REPL. Use CTRL-D to reload.
Adafruit CircuitPython 5.0.0-alpha.4-155-gcc3e0a0d5 on 2019-10-08; Adafruit Circuit Playground Bluefruit with nRF52840
>>>
>>> import gizmo

I am running the latest build of CP from https://adafruit-circuit-python.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html?prefix=bin/circuitplayground_bluefruit/en_US/

I would suggest that you check that your gizmo connections are all solid and double check that the gizmo is properly mounted.

Good luck. I wish I had more to offer.

jerryn

Re: CPXbf and Gizmo - No Display

by reklawmot29687 on Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:10 pm

You would think that with a device that mounts to the CPXbf with a dozen screws, the only possible hitch would be making sure that it was mounted with the correct orientation. Apparently not. I removed the gizmo and re attached it (with the same orientation), and Voila! Guess I had an "open screw" :^D

reklawmot29687

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.