Adafruit is open and shipping! Let's build back better, together!

Bootloader missing circuitpy or cplayboot
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Bootloader missing circuitpy or cplayboot

by Karla1 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:58 am

I have 3 Circuit Playground Express devices all purchased at separate times via Amazon or Adafruit directly. Tonight I finally got 2 of them working with CircuitPython, but the third one has no CircuitPY or CPlayBoot on either my mac mini early 2009 run 10.11.6 and on a raspberry Pi4. If I double click the reset button on either machine, it does not get the all red then all green, I get neither. I see the see the little green power light, and when I double click I see #15 red LED blinking for a few seconds and then stop. On my mac mini, using my Arduino IDE: it sees the board, and seems to be able to upload arduino programs. I do not see a method to either erase the file system, or put a new uf2 file on it. The "board info" from the Arduino IDE (version 1.8.14 Hourly Build 2020/09/23 10:35) says BN: Adafruit Circuit Playground, VID: 239A, PID: 8011, SN: (null), and there is an OK button. The board says it has the ATmega32U4 8MHz chip on it (the other 2 have the newer ATSAMD chip). Do you need any other information? I just looked up my Amazon orders: One a got a few days ago in a base kit order Nov 10th, and one of the older ones has this order information: Order detailsOrdered on March 22, 2019 (4 items), Circuit Playground Express, Adafruit, Sold by: kjdElectronics. I may be able to find the other one in my AdaFruit account or maybe you can. I know the Nov 10th one is one of the working boards. Thanks for any help you can give. Cliff

Karla1

Re: Bootloader missing circuitpy or cplayboot

by Karla1 on Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:42 am

I think I figured it out. it is a Classic with the ATmega32U4 processor and not a CircuitPython choice. I will just program it with Arduino. Thanks - I am still learning and sorting things out.

Karla1

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.