APDS 9960 and CPX

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jakel

APDS 9960 and CPX

Post by jakel »

I am having difficulty connecting an APDS 9960 to my CPX. For my project I plan to use the color sensor feature.

I used the circuit python sample code from the 9960 learn page (gesture.py) to test the connection. However, when I run the code and enter REPL nothing new prints in the serial window. I only get the >>> prompt. I am able to use the native sensors on the CPX, so I know it works.

Is the CPX compatible with the APDS 9960? I did not load the library, is the library automatically loaded?

I am using a breadboard to connect the sensor to the playground, perhaps a loose connection is responsible.Is that likely? Can I easily test those connections with a multimeter? Perhaps I have overlooked something else.

I have ordered a CLUE and plan to use the color sensor for my project. It looks like they both have STEMMA QT connections. Will they work together connected with a STEMMA QT cable eliminating need for breadboarding?
APDS (1).jpg
APDS (1).jpg (410 KiB) Viewed 299 times

dastels

Re: APDS 9960 and CPX

Post by dastels »

You need to solder the connections to the sensor board. Simply sticking header through the holes and into the breadboard does not work. See https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-apd ... t/assembly.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”