Download MakeCode

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Kabaju42

Download MakeCode

Post by Kabaju42 »

Is it possible to download MakeCode onto a laptop? I'm trying to create a mobile makerspace, and I won't always have internet connection.

kattni

Re: Download MakeCode

Post by kattni »

MakeCode is available for download in the Microsoft Store for Windows. I don't think it's available as a local application for Mac or Linux.

It will stay cached in the browser once it's loaded, but that would still mean you need an initial internet connection to load it. I haven't tested it, but it's possible that, as long as you don't close the browser and power off the machine, MakeCode will stay loaded for offline use at a later time. It's worth looking into if you do not have a Windows laptop.

Hope this helps!
~Kattni

Kabaju42

Post by Kabaju42 »

I tried looking in the Microsoft store (Windows 8.1) and couldn't find it. I tried downloading the code from GIT Hub and keep having issues trying to compile it. In Windows it complains about not finding python. In Ubuntu (Linux) it complains about not having the latest version of node.js, even though I've downloaded the latest version.

X509Cert

Post by X509Cert »

It's in the WIn10 Store... If you have Win10, you'll see it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”