Circuit Playground Express Replacement request

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
lagbrown

Circuit Playground Express Replacement request

Post by lagbrown »

I am a teacher at Randall Middle School in Hillsborough County. I recently purchased Playground Express Circuits for my classes. One of my circuit's left button is not working and one USB cord is also not working. Is there any way you can send me replacements as a courtesy? I am using the enclosures to protect them so not sure what could have caused the circuit button to fail. Please let me know what you can do.
Product purchased: ID#3399 date of purchase 3/7, Delivered 3/27
Reference Order Number: 1998643

I would be happy to mail the defective circuit and USB cable back. Please advise.
Thank you!
Denise Brown
[email protected]

danhalbert

Re: Circuit Playground Express Replacement request

Post by danhalbert »

We are happy to send replacements for defective parts. A return is usually not necessary.

For the left-button one, if you remove it from the enclosure, does it work then? Are we talking about https://www.adafruit.com/product/3915? We want to determine whether the problem is with the enclosure or the CPX itself.

For the USB cable, did you try swapping another cable with the identical CPX and computer? If the substitute cable worked, then we can certainly replace the cable.

lagbrown

Post by lagbrown »

Wow thank you for getting back to me so quickly!

I certainly did remove the circuit from the enclosure (#3315) and the left button still did not work. As for the usb cable I did troubleshoot and tried it on multiple computers with different circuits and it doesn’t work. I could sometimes get a flicker of light on the led as I plug it in but it generally does not connect. Again, thank you for your help!

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

You've thoroughly vetted it. Send an email with a pointer to this thread to [email protected] and your order info, and say that a replacement has been authorized for both the CPX and the cable.

josephmisiaszek

Post by josephmisiaszek »

Order Number 1961102-2626014733

We have 4 circuit boards that get extremely hot when being used, one student also got burned when he picked it up. I have one at home. We tried them with different cables and at different computers and the result was the same. We used the cables with these boards on different boards and no problem.
Attachments
IMG_1802.jpg
IMG_1802.jpg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 130 times
IMG_1798.jpg
IMG_1798.jpg (27.63 KiB) Viewed 130 times
IMG_1799.jpg
IMG_1799.jpg (21.28 KiB) Viewed 130 times

adafruit2

Post by adafruit2 »

did this happen at first or after some use? if so when were they purchased?
did you wire these up to servos, motors, solenoids, other devices? if so which?
is it possible for you to safely plug it in and tell us from where the heat is coming?
that will help us determine the next course of action.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”