Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Cannot get TFT Gizmo to work with hardware SPI on CPX from A
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Cannot get TFT Gizmo to work with hardware SPI on CPX from A

by TreyTheDad on Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:16 am

This is very similar (perhaps identical to) the issue "CAN'T GET E-INK GIZMO TO WORK IN ARDUINO" submitted about two weeks ago. As with that case, running the Arduino sketch graphicstest_tft_gizmo does not display anything at all unless I switch it over to use software SPI (OPTION 2). I saw the GitHub fix #20 posted by makermelissa, and the example I downloaded seems to include the fix (it has the SPI_INTERFACES_COUNT check). The Circuit_Playground_Express_TFT_Gizmo.UF2 example works perfectly. I see in the on-line Gizmo guide the statement "The CircuitPlayground Classic will only be able to run the Graphics Test in Software SPI mode", but I am not using the Classic, I am using the Express. Based on other things I've read, it looks like the Bluefruit definitely supports hardware SPI, but the guide implies it should work on the Express as well (just not the Classic). So maybe the CPX doesn't support hardware SPI, but then I noticed the .UF2 runs dramatically quicker than the Arduino sketch (using software SPI), leading me to think the .UF2 is using hardware SPI. I am guessing the .UF2 is written in CircuitPython, is the source available? And/or can you help me understand what I need to change in the Arduino sketch to get it to use hardware SPI to achieve the best performance? Thank you in advance!

TreyTheDad

Re: Cannot get TFT Gizmo to work with hardware SPI on CPX fr

by elputnam on Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:04 pm

I am having the same issue with the CPX.

elputnam

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.