Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Did I brick it?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Did I brick it?

by crashmk92 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:42 pm

Hey team! First post here for me. Looking for some assistance, PLEASE. I've been working to try and use my Circuit Playground Bluefruit to run John Park's "AtariFruit" code he posted a few years ago for the feather. I was modifying the code last night (Arduino IDE) to moderate success (a few more things to debug), but after a few uploads, the circuit playground stopped being recognizable via Bluetooth, and all that happens now when I upload ANY programs to the board, is the green "ON" led lights, and that's about it. The D:\CircuitPy folder shows up when plugged into the computer.... and I'm able to enter the bootloader mode. I've updated the adafruit-circuitpython-circuitplayground_bluefruit-en_US-5.0.0.uf2 in bootloader mode, the neopixels go red when uploading (works in Arduino IDE too), but as soon as ANYTHING uploads, that's it. Unplug, hook up to battery, but the software doesn't work. I've tried demo programs from the Arduino IDE, I've tried simple code in the MakeCode… but nothing seems to work.

If someone would be kind enough to help me out with this, it would mean A LOT. Thanks everyone... have a great Sunday!

Joe

crashmk92

Re: Did I brick it?

by crashmk92 on Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:03 pm

So.... I didnt brick it! (Persistence wins the day!)
That said, now i'm back to trying to work John Park's Code into something that'll work on the Playground Bluefruit. When I changes the "feather" pins over to the digital pins, Arduino says those pins aren't defined. Thoughts? File attached.

Joe
Attachments
JOHNS_ATARI_CODE.ino
(12.24 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

crashmk92

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.