Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

Circuit Playground Bluetooth Bricked?
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Circuit Playground Bluetooth Bricked?

by itsnotme on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:36 pm

Was working on it last night, then I plugged it in today to work on it, and noticed that only the green power on light would come on.

Tried to double click the reboot button to get into the bootloader and nothing happens. Tried on 3 different computers and when I plug it in only the green power LED on the side of the USB plug comes on.

I can't get it to do anything at all. I've tried 3 different computers and also 3 different USB cords. The only thing that will happen is the green LED will come on.

Recommendations on how to unbrick it?

itsnotme

Re: Circuit Playground Bluetooth Bricked?

by itsnotme on Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:37 pm

Forgot to include, I used the same computers and the same USB cords on the other Circuit Playground's that I own and they all work as I would expect them to (can run them, can go into the bootloader, etc)

itsnotme

by danhalbert on Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:10 pm

This sounds like a hardware failure, but were you doing something like trying to update the bootloader at the time? Are there other devices attached? When did you buy the board?

danhalbert

by itsnotme on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:23 pm

Yes that night I put the new bootloader in so I could use the newest version of circuitpython on it. Successfully loaded it since I could see the circuitpy drive afterwards. Shut it down and then was planning to work on it the next day when this happened.

Nothing else attached. Had it as part of the snowflake case (the one with the screwmount on it). Wasn't sure if it was contacting something so took it out of the case and still wasn't working after that.

I got it as part of the recent holidays adabox.

itsnotme

by danhalbert on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:38 pm

What is the name of the new .uf2 that you copied to CPLAYBTBOOT? And when you say "bootloader", do you mean CircuitPython, or the nRF52 bootlloader? CircuitPython is not a bootloader. I'm thinking you probably didn't update the actual bootloader: that's tricky to do.

danhalbert

by itsnotme on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:36 am

adafruit-circuitpython-circuitplayground_bluefruit-en_US-5.2.0.uf2

itsnotme

by itsnotme on Tue Apr 21, 2020 12:38 am

And you're right, sorry. The "CPLAYBTBOOT" makes me think of bootloaders ha.

itsnotme

by danhalbert on Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:40 am

OK, this sounds like hardware failure. Normally we have a 30-day warrantee, but please write to support@adafruit.com with your order number and we'll see what we can do. Include a link to this thread.

danhalbert

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.