Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

mic_FFT_classic example seems to be broken out of the box
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

mic_FFT_classic example seems to be broken out of the box

by smd58tex on Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:17 pm

I'm trying to play around with the microphone on a circuit playground express.

I did a fresh install of Arduino on my desktop PC as the Arduino IDE on my macbook has become completely unusable due to how much it lags. Getting the thing working on PC is another nightmare in itself, but I have it working well enough to load sketches.

I'm trying to load the mic_FFT_classic example, and I get the following error when I compile it:

Code: Select all | TOGGLE FULL SIZE
libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground\utility\Adafruit_CPlay_Mic.cpp.o: In function `Adafruit_CPlay_Mic::fft(unsigned short*)':

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground\utility/Adafruit_CPlay_Mic.cpp:293: undefined reference to `fft_input'

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground\utility/Adafruit_CPlay_Mic.cpp:294: undefined reference to `fft_execute'

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ArduinoLLC.ArduinoIDE_1.8.33.0_x86__mdqgnx93n4wtt\libraries\Adafruit_Circuit_Playground\utility/Adafruit_CPlay_Mic.cpp:295: undefined reference to `fft_output'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Adafruit Circuit Playground Express.

I've followed the setup instructions for the board here, and some of the other examples work.

Any thoughts on what's going on?

smd58tex

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.