Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

How do I completely remove my Gemma M0 driver from my Window
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

How do I completely remove my Gemma M0 driver from my Window

by diggee17 on Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:16 pm

I cannot copy anything to my Adafruit Gemma M0. Also my File Explorer on my Lenovo Flex 5 computer hangs or works very strangely as long as I have the Gemma M0 plugged into as a USB drive. I know the cable is good and I can use the Gemma M0 on the computer using the Makecode web site. I can also use the Gemma when I connect it with the same cable to another Windows computer. There is something wrong with the Gemma Driver on my Lenovo I think.

I have tried going into Settings, Driver manager. I have found the Gemma M0 listed as a device. I tried to remove the device but I get the message "removing device" but it just hangs and never removes the device. I am at a loss of what to do. My computer works well otherwise. I do not want to re-install windows or anything like that for this error because I fear I will break something else.
copy file failure Can someone help me remove the Gemma M0 from my system so I can start over?

Thanks

diggee17

Re: How do I completely remove my Gemma M0 driver from my Wi

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:55 am

Have you tried to uninstall via the Windows Device Manager? If you right click on the device and select "Uninstall", it should give also give you the option to delete the driver files.

adafruit_support_bill

by diggee17 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 pm

I have tried to remove it via the device manager but this will not work either. It jjust hangs, that is, it just says “removing device” but it doesn’t respond for hours. I just end up rebooting the computer. Never seen a problem like this.
Thanks

diggee17

by adafruit_support_bill on Sun Aug 02, 2020 1:11 pm

I'll check with the other engineers to see if anyone has seen this issue before.

adafruit_support_bill

by adafruit2 on Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:49 pm

digg, you're trying to copy over Makecode Maker UF2 files to a gemma m0 - are you running windows 10?

adafruit2
Site Admin

by diggee17 on Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:52 am

I finally found the solution to my problem in the circuitpython troubleshooting section:

Copying UF2 to boardnameBOOT Drive Hangs at 0% Copied
On Windows, a Western DIgital (WD) utility that comes with their external USB drives can interfere with copying UF2 files to the boardnameBOOT drive. Uninstall that utility to fix the problem.

I forgot that I had recently installed WD software to backup this computer! It does not play nice with circuitpython. I removed the software and my problems went away. Now I have to find a new backup system.

Thanks all.

diggee17

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.