Voting resources, early voting, and poll worker information - VOTE. ... Adafruit is open and shipping.

All Red Neopixel State also
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

All Red Neopixel State also

by jhuertaz2 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:09 pm

I had a servo connected to A1, GND, and VOut for about 2 minutes. Then it made the CPB disconnect from the computer and go into a mode where all the red Neopixels filled and fast flickering LED13. I disconnected the servo from the board and let the board cool down. Next, I plugged the CPB back into the computer. The CPB turns on, but it only lasts about 30 seconds before it overheats and goes into all Red Neopixel state. I don't know what to do. For those 30 seconds I am able to go into the CPB and see all the files saved on it. CPB = Circuit Playground Bluefruit

jhuertaz2

Re: All Red Neopixel State also

by dastels on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:19 pm

Did the servo work during those initial 2 minutes? My first thought is that the servo was connected incorrectly and something got fried.

Dave

dastels

by jhuertaz2 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:32 pm

The servo was working just fine. Here is how it was setup.
IMG_8513.jpg
IMG_8513.jpg (431.53 KiB) Viewed 35 times

jhuertaz2

by jhuertaz2 on Tue Aug 04, 2020 6:54 pm

So I have it connected and it has passed its 30 second mark and still running. This is what I did.
1.) I restarted my computer. With only a 30 second window I prepped my process.
2.) I had MuEditor open. It said it's notification when a board is not connected. I clicked on load so when I do connect the board I can load code.py as soon as I see it.
3.) Plugged in the CPB
4.) As fast as I can. I clicked on save so I can reload the code.
It worked! The board is not overheating and now has passed 2 minutes. I do not know what caused it to malfunction but it is working now. Sorry for bothering you all.

jhuertaz2

by dastels on Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:14 pm

No worries. Glad it's working now. Something might have shorted accidentally and caused the computer's USB port to be shut down.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.