Easy No-Soldering Bluetooth Controlled Room Lights
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Easy No-Soldering Bluetooth Controlled Room Lights

by allenq on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:12 pm

I am following the instructions for the Easy No-Soldering Bluetooth Controlled Room Lights using Circuit Playground Bluefruit - Bluetooth Low Energy and Adafruit Neopixel LED Side Light Strip - 60 LED. The LEDs don't come on. I've reloaded code.py and the libraries to no avail. Suggestions? Thanks!

allenq

Re: Easy No-Soldering Bluetooth Controlled Room Lights

by allenq on Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:33 pm

P.S. another clue: there doesn't seem to be continuity between the white wire at one end of the neopixel strip and the white wire at the other end. I would think that there should be. I ordered two strips and this seems to be the case for both of them. The same seems to be true of the black wires that are attached to the JST connectors. There is continuity between the two ends of the red and black wires that do not have JST connectors attached to them.

allenq

by adafruit_support_mike on Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:57 pm

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.

There shouldn't be any connection between a NeoPixel strip's input and output data pins, so that measurement may be normal. We'll have to see the hardware itself to make sure.

adafruit_support_mike

by allenq on Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:36 pm

Thanks. I ended up figuring it out. Unlike previous strands that I had received, this one was wound with the data out connection on the outside when it was wrapped on the spool. When I connected to the data in connection it worked fine. Thanks again.

allenq

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.