Files not transfering
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Files not transfering

by rfii on Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:53 pm

I am following the sound cane guide and having some problems. https://learn.adafruit.com/musical-cane ... thon-code#

I am able to transfer tiny files like code.py, but it hangs at 0% when transferring larger wav files (170kb). I tried two different wav files and two different updated windows 10 computers. Known good USB cables. The files actually do transfer somewhat but the progress bar in windows remains at 0 percent. Sometimes the wav files are cutoff and the circuit playground behaves erratically until unplugged and plugged in again. The CPX is not even close to full.

rfii

Re: Files not transfering

by dastels on Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:50 am

There's this on the CircuitPython troubleshooting page:
Copying UF2 to boardnameBOOT Drive Hangs at 0% Copied

On Windows, a Western DIgital (WD) utility that comes with their external USB drives can interfere with copying UF2 files to the boardnameBOOT drive. Uninstall that utility to fix the problem.

No idea if that applies to your situation.

A bit of googling shows that this seems to be a common thing with Windows.

Dave

dastels

by rfii on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:32 pm

Thanks, I saw that and looked for any Western Digital or external storage software and have none (I also dont use such stuff). This is also happening to the folder where I put my code.py file, not the uf2 boot file.

rfii

by dastels on Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:54 pm

It's the same from the PC's point of view... it's just copying a file. Did you try different ways of copying? drag-drop, copy-paste, copying in the dos-box.

Dave

dastels

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.