Solar Powered Battery for Camera

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RBrogen

Solar Powered Battery for Camera

Post by RBrogen »

Hi,

I am new here so I'm not sure if this is where I need to post this so please let me know.

I have a simply safe camera that is currently powered by USB 5.0V/1.5A AC power adapter. I want to install my camera outside but don't want to have to run electrical. I was wondering if I could use one of your Solar panels for charging connected to a PowerBoost 1000C with USB connection installed and one of your 3.7v batteries as a solution. If this makes sense I would love to get it on order. Thank you in advance.

Randy

Franklin97355

Re: Solar Powered Battery for Camera

Post by Franklin97355 »

What model of camera do you have? The power supply does not usually specify the power needed. I would look at a 6 or 12 volt solar solution as it will be more robust.

RBrogen

Post by RBrogen »

Hey Franklin ... thank you for taking the time to reply. it's the SimplySafe add on camera linked below. The power that comes with it is just a simple ac/dc-usb converter similar to an iPhone charging block and it is a 5v 1.5Amp spec.

https://simplisafe.com/simplicam-security-camera

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

You might get away with the powerboost but it might be stretching it. I was not able to get information on the cameras actual power need but if it does not need 1A consistently it might work. If not there are car solar battery chargers available or a solar charger for the battery of an electric fence.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”