Connecting 2 CPX with HC-12 modules

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Dougmcleod

Connecting 2 CPX with HC-12 modules

Post by Dougmcleod »

Has anyoneused HC12 with circuit playground express? I am currently trying to have my two adafruit circuit playground express's communicate with each other using a HC-12 module but i dont think they're providing enough power to the trancivers

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Connecting 2 CPX with HC-12 modules

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

What are you using to power the Circuit Playgrounds, and how does that power get to the HC-12s?

The HC-12’s maximum transmission power is 100mW, but the default is 20mW. The datasheets I’ve seen say its power source should be able to provide 200mA @ 3.2V to 5.5V.

The CPX’s 3.3V regulator can provide 500mA, but that power also goes to the hardware on the board. Even if you use the NeoPixels though, you can budget 300mA for external hardware.

The Vout pad connects to either the 3.3V regulator’s output or to the USB jack’s 5V line. It will always choose the one whose voltage is highest. There’s a 500mA polyfuse in that path, so the most power you can get is 500mA @ 5V from a USB power supply capable of delivering that current plus whatever current the CPX uses itself.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”