circuitpython drive not showing

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
chip64

circuitpython drive not showing

Post by chip64 »

I am an educator and I was upgrading all of the circuit playground expresses to circuitpython 6.3. I have one board that will not work correctly. When circuitpython tries to load, the computer just sees it as a usb drive and does not recognize circuitpython. I can load the bootloader "cpboot", I've tried MakeCode and that works fine also, it's just circuitpython. I have connected the device to multiple windows machines and my Linux box at home with the same results. I have loaded the most current bootloader on the device (3.13.0). Is there a way to resolve this?

missh

Re: circuitpython drive not showing

Post by missh »

I had the same issue. Mine started after I loaded the code from this tutorial https://learn.adafruit.com/perfect-pitch-machine.

Even after upgrading the bootloader, reloading CircuitPython, and loading the factory image a couple times CIRCUITPY would not show up.

Near the bottom of this page https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-cir ... leshooting I found the erase script for Circuit Playground express and that has worked.

chip64

Post by chip64 »

The erase UF2 file worked. It's back to normal now. Thanks.

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Thanks @missh, you beat me to it.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”